22 August 2008

Stumbling upon Pride

June 28, 2008


Today I got to play with a friend of mine I haven't seen since high school. Kate and I meet for lunch and happened to stumble across Pride. It was kind of neat to see that it's pretty much the same as Lorhing Park only smaller. After we stopped for a bite to eat (I had some spilling issues!) we headed towards a park (can't remember the name) to have a couple of adult beverages since I'm going to Castro Street next week with Mugs. And to our surprise we were among more gays then I've ever seen in my life. Seriously, thousands and thousands of people. I did met a girl from South Dakota so I guess wasn't the only lesbian that lived there. All I can say it was an adventure and saw more naked people that I really didn't need to see (I LOVE clothes!) We also heard the Dykes on Bikes. We couldn't see them due to the mass of people. It was a good expirence for my first San Francisco Pride. I hope I can attend this one again in the future.

No comments: