02 September 2008

JMT Day 18: Pinchot Pass to Middle Rae Lake

July 21, 2008
9a: 4 more days left! Where has the time gone? So far we've hiked about 2.5 miles from camp. Mugs is not feeling well. Very nauseated and crampy. I think she has a little dehydration. She didn't drink much yesterday. I just glad that I drink about 5 liters a day. My biggest fear is dehydration and then the chance kidney stones increases and I really don't want to deal with that. I actually feel pretty good so far, but then again I've only been hiking for about an hour. We need to make it to Rae lakes tonight. It should be a nice 11 mile hike. I'll be dead by 5p, but no passes to go over today. We'll make it. We always make make our deadline. I also don't want to start hiking over 11 miles a day. It gets long, especially the last 2 -3 miles.
My blisters are starting to turn in to pressure sores. They really started to bother me last night and I really don't notice them unless I'm going downhill. My goal is just to keep them from getting larger and infected. By Friday night i won't have to wear my boots anymore. My feet can be free in sandals.

I still can't believe that we'll be done on Friday. I'm looking forward to sleeping in a bed and seeing my doggie on Monday, I really miss her. I just hope she doesn't yell at me too much or that she holds a grudge against me. She's probably enjoying life with Nana and Papa and getting fat. Well Mugs is ready to hike again, so off we go.

8p: My feet look horrible. I think I'm getting infections. I cleaned them really well tonight and soaked them again in salt water. I guess I'll just have to wait until morning to see how they are.

We have a beautiful campsite tonight by middle Rae lake. WE can see the Painted Lady from our tent. I can't wait to see what it looks like at sunrise.
Pictures:
1. Clouds rolling in over the Mountains
2. Where we stopped so Mugs would rest and rehydrate
3. Me crossing the "golden gate bridge" of the sierra
4. The castle mountains
5. Flowers
6. More flowers
7. And more flowers
8. Giant mushroom
mileage: 13/175.8

1 comment:

Schmiddy said...

Love the pic of you crossing the bridge!