02 September 2008

I should be on Mt Whitney

July 25, 2008


I should be summitting Mt. Whitney; instead I'm sitting in the motel room watching TV and reading. What an exciting life I lead! I so want to be out on the trail. It's painful just to walk around the room, there is no way I would have made it to Whitney. Mom and Pops will be here at some point today. I hope they find me or at least have gotten a hold of L or Kate. They know where I am. My cell is completely dead. I never thought I would need to use it. Guess I was wrong. Of course I did call my sisters, my aunt and a bunch of my friends. I also spent time texting. I guess my phone was right, I do only have about 3 hours of battery life when in use. I could have waited with some things, but it gets really boring here when there is no one to talk to and my walking is limited. I would never do well on bed rest. L and Kate have been great with calling me a couple times a day. I've also been able to talk to some friends. I think I talked to Tonya tonight for about 3 hours. SO that's a glimpse into my life in the motel.

9p: My parents found me!!! Then about 15 minutes after they arrived in my room, Mugs called and said she was at Whitney portal. I was happy to see her and Bob and Andy. I was also heartbroken and sad knowing that I wasn't able to join them at the top. I wanted to be there eating a burger and having a beer with them. Too many thoughts going through my head now. Some day I'll finish the trip.

Here are some pictures that Mugs took since the parting. Enjoy


mileage: 1 block...had to go to the grocery store

1 comment:

Schmiddy said...

I'm so sorry you couldn't make it. Someday.